Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Binge?

It could have been defined as a binge. Not because of the amount of food that I ate, but because of how and why I ate it. No amount of food could satisfy me. While I was eating one thing, I was thinking about eating another. I was plopped on the couch, feet on the table, balancing my food on my stomach. I was not eating for hunger, but for a hunger-like feeling in my chest and throat. I can only describe it as an anxiety or yearning for something more. At this time a small voice was reminding me that this behavior would end badly. It told me to get up and do something instead of lazing around the house. I felt a wave of guilt come over me and then I would swallow it down with another bite of bean salad, chocolate crunch, english muffin, mango, or grapes. I even told myself a few times that I would work out after class- so as not to worry about the amount of food.

This is a situation that used to be common. Now it only happens rarely in this severity, but I hope I can learn from it and avoid it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment