Oh God! I just finished my first final and now I'm getting ready for my second. It's 4:44 and macronutrients is at 6. I've got to get this off my chest though. Sorry Linda, if you end up reading this but that final was awful! It was like an endurance event. Plus, I hate it when teachers say one thing and then do something else. In the syllabus it said the final was going to be short answer and essay. Nope, not at all the case. Sure there was short answer, but there was also multiple choice, True/False, fill in the blank, and matching. Plus, for the fill in the blank there was no word bank and definitely no indication of what that word was supposed to be. It's like I had to read my teacher's mind to figure it out. I just felt tricked that's all. I study in different ways depending on the type of exam. If I think I'm going to have to draw metabolic functions, I practice. If I think I'm going to need to recall vocabulary, I make memory cards and play games to memorize them. But if I think that I need application knowledge and that I'm going to be writing essays and short answer, then I fill out the study guide and try to use that info in case studies. Thank goodness I had enough sense to write out flash cards just in case. It's too bad that I totally blanked on process of change. It's a like of 10 vocab words that I had to match to their definition. Unfortunately, my powerpoint slides had the definitions covered up. I could have scowled through the text, but by the time I figured out I needed it, it was too late. Yuck yuck yuck. That test just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure I missed most of those matching questions and another 3 pointer. ERG! That puts me at a B already. I hope my ungraded projects turn out okay. Well, nothing I can do about it now but move on to the next one.
(This is called passive coping by the way. I'm coping with the emotions I have based on a situation. Active coping would be actually changing the problem, studying for the exam, time management, etc. Since the exam is over, this is all I can do- I think I should get extra credit for that)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment